Saturday, September 26, 2009

18-month Updates

Megan is now 18 months old, and recently went to the pediatrician for her 18-month appointment. She checked out really well and did much better with the doctor at this visit than her last. Megan weighed in at 24 lbs 4 oz (60th percentile); her height is 33 inches (88th percentile); and her head circumference is 45.9 cm (30th percentile).

She also had two shots: DTaP and Hib. She seemed to do really well with these shots, and had a lot of fun playing with the band-aids afterwards.

Megan has also started attending a new Parents Morning Out program at a local Lutheran church where Brian and I sometimes attend. Megan goes to the PMO 1 day a week for 3 hours. This gives her a chance to socialize with kids without Mom around, and it gives me a chance to get some things done that I can't always do with Megan in tow. I'll admit that it was really hard to leave her the first time, but Megan has seemed to really enjoy the PMO - especially the arts and crafts, and although it's weird not having Megan around, I'm enjoying my few hours of "me-time" each week - Even if I am doing housework!!

No comments: