Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Yuckies

Last week we went through a very unpleasant first: Megan's first stomach virus. And it was NOT pretty. I don't do well with throwing up, and now I can say with certainty that I don't do well being thrown up on. Poor little Megan didn't keep anything down - solids or liquids - for about 2 days. And during that time, pretty much all we heard from Megan was "Meggie tummy hurt."

After a reassuring trip to the doctor, she finally did feel better. By the middle of the week her appetite had returned in full force. She asked for an egg for breakfast, so I told her I'd fix a little egg, and she said, "No, Mommy, a BIG egg." She ate the egg (I fixed her a little one just to be safe) and a piece of toast. When she'd eaten that, she turned to me and simply said, "Yogurt." Then she ate the whole cup of yogurt. And she's pretty much been eating everything in sight since then.

I think we're back on track with everything now. It was so sad to see her feeling so bad, but at least it didn't last too long.

Last week I also had a doctor's appointment. Everything checked out just fine and mom and baby are both growing. The baby kicks all the time, especially at night. I've surrendered to comfort and am now wearing maternity clothes. At my next appointment in February, I'll have my glucose test. After that, we enter the 3rd trimester and I'll have appointments every 2 weeks.

No comments: