Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Beach Blog (Part 1)

This blog post comes to you from Wrightsville Beach, NC. Brian and I are celebrating our 6th anniversary with a few days at the beach. This is Megan's first trip to the beach, too.


We had an uneventful trip down here, which is a good thing. Megan slept the entire trip -- another good thing!

We're staying at Shell Island and so far we've been impressed with the room (it's a suite, so we have our room and Megan gets the living room) and the food. I'd say the crab dip appetizer we had from the restaurant downstairs was easily the best I've had since our last trip to Maryland.

Brian writes: So, it is my turn! We ran! We played! We konched! Yay!


So as Brian was saying, after we got settled into our room, we took a long walk on the beach. It's cool down here and windy, but overall very nice for a late afternoon stroll. The tide was low and just starting to come back in, so we had plenty of beach and found lots of shells...really big ones, too. I've never found shells that large and intact at a NC beach before. We found a horseshoe crab that had washed up on the beach. He was dead, but interesting nonetheless.


Megan got to touch the water a little bit, but since it was cool, we didn't want her getting too wet and cold. Tomorrow, we'll play in the water.


I got some nice photos, but they're on the memory card and the card reader is in the other room where Megan is sleeping, and I'm not going to risk waking her up. Getting her to bed hasn't been the easiest thing lately, and I'm not going to press my luck. So I'll update this post with the pictures in the morning. Thankfully, Brian provided the shot above with his iPhone. I know...iPhone, Macs, wonderful, blah blah. Thanks, Brian! =)


Edit: Megan woke up, so I uploaded. :)

No comments: