Friday, May 1, 2009

Parents Say the Darndest Things

I know that as Megan begins talking more, she'll say all kinds of funny things, but there are times when I can't believe the things that come out of my own mouth. You would never think there would be an occasion to say something like that until a 1 year enters the room. I think only a parent can fully appreciate the situations you get into with a child -- especially when they are in the stage of constant exploration. 

Here are some of the things I've said to Megan recently:

"No no, Megan, the bunny does not go into the diaper genie."

"Why did you put a spoon into the ball popper?"

"Batteries do not belong in the Starbucks cup."

"Yes, Shoki is gray and crazy-looking, but he is not a rhinocerous."

As funny as these are (at least to me!) it is facinating to see how her brain makes connections and to watch her explore things.

No comments: